Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Fingers to the Bone

I have completed two days at the new job. It's a milestone.

I've got my own office, which includes two dry erase boards, a table with two chairs, and a desk. It's my first office of my very own ever and I'm walking around smiling all the time.

To celebrate I bought a pair of dressers so I can finally toss the wire kitchen rack I've been using to hold my unmentionables. And then I bought a plant that will live in my office and it will be my buddy and we will tell secrets and gossip and it will tell me I'm pretty or I won't water it.

I transplanted the plant I had at my last job into a nice big pot with quality potting soil and I hope it will be happy to be retired. It is looking peaked where it sits. I must find it light.

I am learning lots of interesting things about subjects which I am not at liberty to disclose but it involves reading and thinking and being confused most of the time. Is that vague enough? Next time I'll just write every third word of the sentence I'd like to write and you can fill in the blanks. Like MadLibs.

Because I'm practicing to be a good yuppie, I must now cut and insert the Laura Ashley shelf paper I've purchased to line the drawers of my fantastic new dresser.

My life is so very hard.

No comments: