Friday, July 16, 2004

TMBG, Strong Sad, and the Vacuum of Philosophical Tendencies

Finally, the perfect blending of They Might Be Giants and homestarrunner.com: Experimental Film. For more information, read this article.

Yesterday while I was walking along the beach I thought of pressure. I thought of high school physics and equal forces pushing against one another. There is the sea and there is the land and they are locked in a constant battle for equilibrium. I thought, what about internal pressures? Are they quantifiable and subject to the rules of work and force? In other words, are equal and external forces shaping my thoughts, dictating my responses? As I move about in space and time, what exact forces affect my person, keeping me in equilibrium? Tidal forces? Pheromones? Caffeine? Is the opposite of equilibrium spontaneous combustion?

My mood is sentimental. I'm listening to Five For Fighting, especially the song, "100 years." It's toe-tapping fun.

I'm 99 for a moment
Dying for just another moment

We're having dinner with BF's sister and her fiancée. They're both allergic to Vash, so I must vacuum merrily. Or they will expire.

No comments: