Saturday, July 17, 2004

Signifying Nothing

I wrote five page pages for the one-act. I studied a book on FrameMaker. BF and I drove down to Ventura to recycle a couple computers at Office Depot. And then we had dinner with his sister and her fiancée.

DDR has not been played today on account of the heat and my total wussiness. I assure you though, it's been occupying some quality time. My trips and falls are ever more coordinated.

The problem with DDR, as with most video games, is that when I close my eyes I still see the arrows jumping across my eyelids. When I play Diablo or NeverWinter, I see the funky little avatars kicking the crap out of each other. Firebolts are usually involved.

I dreamed I was watching a movie being filmed. The director skated by on roller blades. On the right side of his body he looked perfectly normal. But when he turned to the left, he was done up like William Shakespeare. He had the receding hairline, the puffy shirt, and everything. I remember thinking, what a pompous prick.

And then I woke up.

No comments: