Thursday, November 11, 2004

Happy Veterans' Day from the Private Sector

Yeah, so. It's all a joke. It's got to be a joke.

I got a letter from my bank yesterday. My credit card's been compromised.

I opened up that letter and I couldn't help laughing. It's like the line in the BNL song, "One Week," "I'm the kind of guy who laughs at a funeral..." There comes a point when everything is nasty and horrible and broken that you've got to force yourself to step back and not take it seriously. You keep it too close and you go mad.

The doctor confirmed that I was having an allergic reaction and now I'm on new pills. They're pretty sure the swollen lymph node is a result of cat scratch disease but we're all waiting (with baited breath) on the results of my latest blood test. Ta da!

I just keep thinking how this could all be worse. And it could, it could be a lot worse. I find myself saying, privately, jokingly: At least I've got my health. Oh, wait...

No comments: