Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Irony is Pretty Ironic Sometimes

I look forward to the day when this blog ceases to refer to swollen lymph nodes or medical abnormalities. Today is not that day.

Now I've got a fucking rash. Probably an allergic reaction to one of the many pills I'm taking. I've been ordered off the current antibiotic to another, followed by a Benadryl/Cortisone cocktail. The rash covers my face, arms, back, neck -- just about everywhere that might be uncomfortable for a rash to be. Sort of looks like I've got measles, but I don't. This is all so much easier when there aren't any outward, visible changes. With this creeping red blotchy hot THING manifest destiny-ing my FACE, my shame is now exposed for all the world to see.

The newest hypothesis, besides thyroiditis, is that I have cat scratch. Course I suggested that two weeks ago after Chiana scratched my throat and it swelled up... So there you are. My cute, adorable, darling little kitten may be the culprit. Or she might not. It's anybody's guess at this point.

Not much else to report. Except I saw the most recent "Peter Pan" live-action remake (excellent) and decided my new favorite actor (shut up) is Jason Isaacs (he plays Mr. Darling and Captain Hook). Not until later did I realize that Mr. Isaacs also plays Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies. Now I totally want Lord Voldemort to kick Harry Potter's scrawny wizard ass. Because the world needs more Lucius Malfoy.

See? Despite all this health crap, I'm still capable of being a world-class flibberty-gibbit. There's hope for this blog yet.

No comments: