Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Raaawwwwrrrrr!

The playwriting workshop started with a guest speaker -- the Executive Director of a local non-profit theater. She talked about how we could produce our own plays, about the costs and the process. I got all fired up listening. It really is do-able. I just have to write, save money, and find a director I trust. No problem.

Okay, so maybe there's a slight problem. I don't have a full-length play to my name. There's one in a drawer that'll never see the light of day. There's a couple one-acts and a bunch of ten-minute plays... No dice. Not yet, but it's do-able. That's important to remember.

I'm submitting my ten-minute play out into the world next week. If anyone is interested in reading "The Science of the Balance of Ultimate Power" I'd be happy to share. Send me an e-mail. Yes, I know I've offered to share before and then not shared because I didn't think the play was ready. But this play has to be ready by December 1, because that's the deadline.

"The Science of the Balance of Ultimate Power" is a play about a monster, the mafia, and a human named Henry.

No comments: