Wednesday, May 11, 2005

"Can't you see that all that stuff's a sideshow..."

I really, really enjoyed "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." I'm not good at writing reviews because I don't know how to justify my opinions. Or at least, I don't know how to explain *why* I liked something. I can usually tell you why I hated it though. The writing was excellent, the acting was great, and the overall style of the film left a huge impression. I've been thinking about it for two days now. It also helped that it made me feel nostalgic for the summer I worked in New York. A lot of the beach scenes looked exactly like where I spent so much time walking and avoiding dead jellyfish, thinking big thoughts about the universe.

Three weeks until Yosemite. I'm trying to convince myself (and Jer) to do a trial hike this Saturday, test out the Camelbaks and my Luna bar supply. It's nearly time to go overboard and plot out highway routes and buy a sleeping bag and make dinner reservations. Or not. Maybe I'll just let it all go, like Frou Frou keeps telling me, and see where folly takes us.

There doesn't seem to be enough caffeine to keep my eyes from twitching. Or eye drops.

No comments: