Tuesday, May 23, 2006

fritter-ing away the morning

In some parallel universe/dimension, I'm at home, having called in a Mental Health Day. There's nothing wrong with me that a little coffee and a great big apple fritter won't fix, but I'd still rather be in bed, dreaming. I managed to steal almost a full extra hour of sleep by taking a bus that left only ten minutes later, skipping the gym, and showering fast. And then I bought this here coffee and fritter, which is settling heavy in the pit of my stomach. But it was so gooey. And I was so... I don't know what.

I *am* taking off Thursday and Friday, but it's different when you know all your time is accounted for and the schedule does not include any delicious moments of laziness. No lounging. No wallowing in my own filth. None of the things that make a five-day weekend great.

Listen to me. All day Sunday I watched the "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" marathon. That got big marks for lazy. Sure, there was some half-assed cleaning scattered in like showers, but exertion it wasn't.

I saw an ad in "Scientific American" for Belize. I've never even considered Belize, but maybe its time has come. The quarter page of copy was very convincing anyway.

In honor of our guests I've charged my camera battery and am ready to unleash my artistic vision upon the city. Be warned.

Coffee, please, work now.

No comments: