Saturday, May 06, 2006

I had my first day of indexing class today and I like it. I didn't even notice the three hours pass. It's everything I enjoy about picking words apart and then getting rewarded for being anal.

Two going away parties for co-workers on the calendar. One was yesterday and the other one is Monday. It will be difficult drowning my sorrows in wine, but for them I'll make the sacrifice. Gold star in teamwork for me.

I'd rather not tally how many times this week I've "drowned my sorrows" or why, but let's just say it hasn't been the best seven days. Rest assured however, there has been a definitive upswing in mood negotiations.

Tomorrow I see "Pippin" and then later in the evening, Regina Spektor. If entertainment is what I want, entertainment is what I shall get.

And it's the start of boating season here. As far as I can tell that means people get in boats, float them to the middle of the bay, and then sit in them for awhile. There's not a lot of directional movement attached to boating season. I guess it's enough to establish a perimeter and then drink for the rest of the day.

I think I could really get into this whole boating thing.

No comments: