Friday, May 19, 2006

ten days of catchup! er catsup?

I lost another four pounds, which makes the grand total eight pounds. This is due almost entirely to exercise and a little bit to Apex Fat Burner 1 pills, and maybe a little more to semi-paying attention to what I’m consuming. And by paying attention I mean thinking to myself, damn, that has a lot of calories, and then eating it anyway. Also, switching to gin & tonics and 7 & 7s from pints of cold, delicious beer.

In other words, I’d like to thank the elliptical machine and the television that my fitness center was kind enough to attach to it. And also, my iPod. Without music, life is meaningless.

Let’s see. It’s been awhile. Last Sunday, I drank my coffee with Baileys and rode the water taxi downtown. First, I went to Pike Place Market for the cheese festival, which was packed with people, so I found the wine tent and bought five tastings. After five ounces of wine I was better equipped to handle the crush of people, elbowing their way to the free cheese. I didn’t get to try as many samples as I’d like because I had a ticket to Christopher Durang’s "Miss Witherspoon" at ACT Theatre, and only had about 45 minutes to push through the sea of elbows.

The play was okay. I liked "The Pillowman" better, which was the last show I saw there. However, it was entertaining and worth watching. I am continually impressed by the quality of the shows at ACT Theatre.

My mother sent me a postcard from Greece. It’s her first time outside of North America and I wish I could remember what she wrote exactly. It was something like, "You know how the Acropolis is a city on a hill? No. It’s a mountain and there are lots of steps and they go up and up and it is a long way to the top. By the way, we met your Dad’s relatives. Love..."

Jeremy’s family is coming for a visit next weekend and I’m taking a couple days off so we can entertain.

And yesterday I went on a very long walk all around downtown, from where I work to the International District to Pioneer Square and back. We’ve had incredible weather lately and it was perfect. As nice as any nice day in Santa Barbara.

Happy weekend.

No comments: