Sunday, May 28, 2006

Jer is dropping his parents and sister off at their hotel, so I have a minute to write. It's been a whirlwind few days that involved wandering into a folk life festival, a variety of tourist activities, too much food and drink, and an hour long drive to the bead store.

Which about sums it up. In 12 hours we pick them up again for breakfast and the airport. I keep pushing the Krispy Kreme but after all the other food, I think we'll have to pass.

And it's rained almost their entire visit. We keep telling them it's not normal, and they keep not believing us on account of all the rain. After leaving the Experience Music Project and dawdling at a few more booths at the folk festival, the rain started to pour and all the hippies scattered. Some of them danced barefoot on the sidewalk, but most of them ran for cover. I stood under a tree.

We also went on the Underworld Tour -- the Underground Tour at night with cocktails. I highly recommend walking under the streets of downtown Seattle and the added history lesson bonus makes me love this town even more. Greed, hubris, capitalism, prostitution... all the ingredients of a city I can get behind.

No comments: