Friday, June 02, 2006

We went from DINKs to SINKs this week when Jer got word his job was no more. I don't think he's too bummed about it because it means sleeping late and more time for Warcraft, which since he hasn't had a genuine break from work, well, ever, I can't exactly fault. It was a contract job so the end was always in sight and it wasn't a surprise, but I'm sad we had to give the laptops back. I will miss their delightful whirring noises. I hope they both go to good and loving homes.

It took fifty minutes to ride the bus into town this morning -- normally a 20-minute ride. It's my own fault. I stood on the street and I looked at the water taxi and back at the bus and back again. At the time it was sprinkling and I was sleepy and the water taxi means I have to walk uphill for a very long time and get all sweaty before I get to work. But the bus drops me off two blocks away on level ground. So I chose bus. I chose poorly.

At least I had my iPod. Full of Eels.

Speaking of, I bought tickets to see the Eels Sunday night. If you haven't heard it or them, I highly recommend their With Strings: Live at Town Hall album.

No comments: