Wednesday, June 21, 2006

thththptt

I dreamed a clear snake, alive and with the consistency of a gummy bear, wriggled its way out of my forehead, tail first. I could only stand horrified as it burst from my skin and slithered across the carpet, to seek sanctuary in the closet. I wanted it dead and I knew just how to kill it: bolt cutters across the middle. I'd snap the snake in half through its jellied flesh.

Of course the snake hid from me. And I pursued it. When I stared it in the face, I saw it was a cobra. The dream ended with us staring at each other.

It might interest you to note that in the Chinese zodiac, I am a snake. A fire snake. But then snakes in dreams can mean transition. Cobras are associated with the god Shiva, while white snakes in Japanese mythology are the embodiment of the gods. That is, unless the white snake in question refers to the preeminent 80's hard rock band Whitesnake, which is then a horse of a different color, namely tawny.

But all it means to me is the retinal burn of six inches of snake tail flitting back and forth slapping against the skin of my forehead as the rest of it oozed through a widening split of my flesh.

I am of course ignoring the most obvious interpretation.

Only two more months 'til "Snakes on a Plane" is released!

To paraphrase our greatest living actor, Mr. Samuel L. Jackson: "Get these muthafuckin' snakes off this muthafuckin' plane!"

Or at the very least, out of my muthafuckin' forehead.

No comments: