Thursday, June 08, 2006

It is difficult to concentrate when the other person you share an office with is speaking video game commands into his headset.

I miss the laptops. I miss having the option to sit by the window and tap tap tap away at my keyboard. At work they monitor what websites I go to, and sniff all of my packets, so I am too paranoid to post from there. From here, it is too loud. And there is a fan by my head that dries out my eyes so that they water. I am full of excuses. You know the type.

Someday I will own a laptop again. I may still have my old one somewhere, but the hinge broke when someone else opened it one day. I did not break it. I would feel better if I had broken it, but I never had the satisfaction. Just the memory of writing a $2,000 check for it in 1996. It was my college laptop. We had good times.

I can either go watch television or put headphones on loud or go for a walk. But I guess of all the options in all the world, I get my kicks from sitting here and waiting for my eyes to dry out completely and fall out of my head. Into my lap. Like waxy marbles.

No comments: