Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My visit to the doctor was uneventful and expensive. I go back tomorrow for a thyroid ultrasound, which is always good fun. Drafty smock, check. Goop on my throat, check. Technician poking me in the neck looking for cysts, whoot, hallelujah and hot damn.

I just reread some journal entries from 1998 -- back when I was young, impressionable, and on geocities -- because I'm a glutton for punishment. This entry wasn't so bad:

October 28, 1999
today i forced a computer to yield to my will. i made it recognize its cdrom, i forced it to see its own mouse, and then i rammed its network card down its throat. systems administration should be a full contact sport.

But then I read this -- from 8 years ago -- and I wonder what's changed.

February 13, 1998
I want to do something fun. Warcraft is losing its appeal. I want to drive. Maybe tomorrow I'll go on a field trip.

Of course this is in reference to an earlier version of Warcraft, not THE World of Warcraft, but it may as well be. I'm a broken record.

Okay, a lot of things *have* changed in 8 years. I'm not pissing and moaning about my lack of love life, I'm sleeping through the night instead of studying through it, and, oh right, no more college. Leaving college was a definite sanity gain. Plus it did wonders for my disposable income.

No comments: