Tuesday, June 20, 2006

water water everywhere

I'm a little rundown. I was thinking since so many cruise ships depart from Seattle, maybe I could get a good deal somewhere. I found a discount site and sure enough, lots of deals.

I know there are people who can't stomach boats, but that's never been me. I can't imagine life without water. I love the waves, I love the wind and the spray. I love hanging over the rail, staring into the sea as waves whip past, the trail we've cut fading into wakes that drift outwards into decreasing ripples until the distance between each crest and trough is absolute zero. This morning I watched the water swirl down the drain in its clockwise pattern, each small wave clashing all around the edges a circle in chaos wavering and jetting out at angles until it all every bit was sucked down the metal drain. And the shower stream beat against my skull and the drops ran down my legs my arms my nose to the tips of my hair and into that swirl of crazy clear and twisted water.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I too love the water. I grew up in Puerto Rico, with access to water and always looking at the sea and the ocean. I cannot conceive life without it.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I thought life was conceived with a different liquid.

Anonymous said...

Gives all new meaning to the word seaman.