Wednesday, June 28, 2006

the one where i talk about stuff i want

My finger's itching to push the Buy button on this lens. But instead I bought a new 77mm circular polarizer for my 18-35mm Nikkor lens. The old polarizer snapped in two when I took my latest sunrise photo off the balcony. It's just not photography if I can't crank the blue to eleven when I shoot the sky.

I finished reading "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicles" and now I'm on Angela Carter's "The Bloody Chamber." Found a copy at a used bookstore on Sunday -- after a cheese steak sandwich and a pint at our friendly, neighborhood brewpub. (Feast upon my gluttony!) I like her style very much. I've been spoiled; almost every book I've picked up lately has been excellent. Maybe this is my reward for reading "Angels and Demons."

Today I ate ice cream for lunch instead of real lunch. Because sometimes only ice cream will do. Especially if it is from Cold Stone and it is a mix of cherries, brownies, and chocolate ice cream, and then maybe you cut up a fresh banana and sit in the break room overlooking the city and watch the ferries drive in and out of the bay for an hour. You know, as people do.

No comments: