Tuesday, August 29, 2006

A college friend visited from out of town this weekend. We went to the Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) and it looked like this. We were in all those crowds at different times. I don't think I can express how many people were there or how, when I separated from Jer and his friend, I was literally crushed by people over by some booth that may or may not have been giving out empty bags. But o-o-o they were stylish empty bags, bright green and crisp. Later I got yelled at by a wee lad wearing cat ears on a headband because I didn't drop my purse fast enough. Apparently I fit the profile of a woman who steals game controllers and enjoys being called ma'm.

Then we stood on the street in line for an hour so we could see Tycho and Gabe give a talk, which ended up being completely worth the wait -- also worth the wait was the line and the banter about rogues/paladins/clerics I had to endure with my fellow line mates to prove my nerd cred. There was a girl in particular who was determined to out-geek me, but just because I'm not wearing a shirt with a semi-humorous in-joke on a black background doesn't mean I can't hold my own in a conversation about rogues disarming and avoiding traps by virtue of their dexterity.

I guess I shouldn't brag about that.

Later we drank beer. Does that redeem me?

The night before we watched "Snakes on a Plane." That also involved a lot of beer. I don't actually remember the movie; I remember laughing a lot.

Um. Did I tell you about the layoffs? No? Well, my company had a few layoffs, but I made it through. Last week was kind of tense though. Now I'm on the laptop in front of the television, watching "Eureka."

No comments: