Wednesday, November 29, 2006

If I were the weather person for Seattle, here is what I'd say: It's fucking snowing. Snow. Outside. Get back in your house and turn on the heater. Fucking snow. Mother fucking cold.

The child inside says, whee!

The cow says moo.

The duck says quack.

On Tuesday morning my bus never came. I stood outside for 25 minutes. It was probably 20 degrees and windy. I was not happy.

On Sunday night Jer and I drove north an hour for a concert and hit the storm full force. We drove into it, snow flakes smashing against the windshield, like driving into stars or some other trite illusion. Disorienting. We stayed in a hotel to keep from driving back at midnight, and it was worth it. I woke up and snow was everywhere. It was my first real snow experience. White and wet and cold.

And look. It's snowing again. The ground is pretty and white. The heater is on and my workout clothes are on spin. Enjoy it while it lasts since it don't last long.

No comments: