Tuesday, February 06, 2007

cha cha karahi

First! The meatloaf turned out excellent. Moist, but stays together when you slice it, and very tasty. If you're interested, it's from Chef Paul Prudhomme's Louisiana Kitchen, which I plan to invest in shortly. The only change I made is I left out the green peppers because our grocery store was out, utterly and completely. How does that happen?

Second! I bought a set of 3 Le Creuset karahis. Mostly I bought them because I'd never heard of them before, and when I did some research I thought damn, I like curries. And I want to make chicken karahi. I could totally do that. I found a bunch of recipes to make sure it wasn't a huge mistake and then I bid on them and then I won. The end. Or rather, the beginning. Of culinary awesomeness.

I have used nearly all my new pots and pans and it is very exciting. I think maybe too exciting.

See one reason I went for the karahis is that I'm tired of cooking plain ol' chicken breasts in the oven. I am desperately seeking spices. I want to experiment. I want to take risks! Only now we have too many leftovers and I have to wait until we catch up before I make anything else. Or my stomach explodes.

And now and also, after 3 treatments with oven cleaner, the grill is looking mighty fine. I've never had a grill before. I promise to treat her right, hand to gawd. And she will sear nice thick lines into the meats I place upon her. And it shall be good.

No comments: