Saturday, February 17, 2007

So, Port Angeles. That's where I've been. Olympic Peninsula. Red Lion Inn. Yep. Port Angeles.

Let me start by saying the people were friendly and welcoming and all around awesome. Everyone said hello, was polite, no complaints about the people. And the food? Tasty. I had some of the best Mexican food I've ever had at a little place called Hacienda del Mar and then excellent Italian the following evening at Bella Italia. Also, some fine dark beer in a tiny little bar.

Our hotel was well situated downtown, within walking distance of just about everything, right on the water. Except... the hotel. Not a fan of the hotel. Our room was missing the promised microwave/refrigerator. All but two of the ice machines were broken -- and one you couldn't access after 9pm -- and the noise... damn the noise. We left a day early because of the noise.

Kyle and Drew? I don't care who you are or why you can't remember your room number is 253, I really don't. Just shut the fuck up, already. And stop playing with your basketball outside my room. P.S. I hate you.

We meant to go wine tasting, we'd even purchased our tickets ahead of time, but that didn't work out either. So, we're home. Explored out. Although I hold out hope -- not much -- that Jer will join me in going to a bar tonight, but I seriously doubt it will happen. I could go by myself but that's probably not a good idea either.

I tell you what though. It is good to be home. Even if it meant almost getting creamed on the West Seattle Bridge by someone who doesn't believe you should have to look before changing lanes. The end.

No comments: