Monday, February 19, 2007

One of the things we did in Port Angeles was watch "Pan's Labyrinth," which I enjoyed. It played in a small theatre, upstairs with no doors, just a stairway and a hall. The overhead lights never came on; the path was lit by small bulbs tucked in the floor and the glow of the preview screen. The seats reclined however, and were staggered sufficiently to read the English subtitles, and that was enough for me.

Three high school age guys plopped down in the front row, feet on the seats in front of them. They didn't exactly look like they were up to good. One chose his seat directly in front of a smallish girl, blocking her view minutes before the start, which is just plain rude when there are other seats. I instantly disliked them.

At the end, as the theatre emptied I overheard one of the guys say, "You know, I think it was even better the second time."

Now that I didn't expect.

No comments: