Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dinner and a book

On Courtney's recommendation, Jer and I ate dinner at Jules Maes Saloon last night. And boy, was it ever tasty.

I ordered the meatloaf sandwich with tater tots and Jer had the pork chops with garlic mashed potatoes. Plus a pint of Manny's each. The staff was very friendly and outgoing and the atmosphere was cool and laid back -- very saloon-like. I plan to take my parents when they visit next month; I think they'll dig it.

We only got slightly lost trying to find the place, but that was because we didn't write down the address. It was also our first foray into Georgetown, which is much closer than I thought. (That will be its epitaph.) There's still so much of Seattle we haven't explored yet.

After dinner we stopped at Barnes and Noble so I could buy a book: Dale Carnegie's "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living". I wish I could tell you which financial blog recommended it, but I read about six of them and I can't find the entry. Anyway, I find I need to read books like this every so often to stay motivated, and I've been a big fan of Dale Carnegie's practical style ever since "How to Win Friends..." made its way to my shelf. I'm only a chapter in, but I'm not disappointed. Even though some of the advice may seem like common sense, it doesn't mean anybody practices it.

It's grey and the birds are chirping. Welcome to Sunday.

1 comment:

KikiRiki said...

Next time be sure to try the Grilled Cheese with Tater Tots. MMMMMMMM