Sunday, June 10, 2007

I must've overdone it at the gym. I can barely move my right arm, which of course makes me think what I always think when I do that: Will Ferrell's Anchorman. As he's pretending to have done hundreds of curls to impress Christina Applegate's character he says, "I can barely lift my arms I did so many..." Cracks me up everytime.

Which then reminds me of another line from the film, "Sixty percent of the time it works every time." That's in reference to a cologne called Sex Panther and its effect on women. If you haven't seen Anchorman yet and you like a good comedy, I highly recommend it.

So yesterday I made the long trek across the 520 bridge and attended a class at Bellevue Community College (BCC) called "Starting Your Own Business." It was only 3 hours long, but it was full of valuable and practical information. I now know what licenses I need, where to apply, and which business structure I'm going to use. Also, I have a better understanding of the tax consequences.

If you're in the area and looking for learning opportunities, the Continuing Education program at BCC is very good. Over the past year I've taken several classes in their Technical Writing Certificate series, and I've never been disappointed. Also, they have an excellent on-site deli and next door, a Burgermaster with car service. I don't go just for the food, but it sure doesn't hurt.

No comments: