Saturday, June 23, 2007

On June 21, there was a new addition to Jer's family. His little sister gave birth to a healthy baby girl. Congratulations to the happy family! (w00t. I'm an "Aunt.") The news came while we were enjoying a tasty meal at the Luna Park Cafe, which was far preferable to being nearer the delivery room, two states away.

A new location of the Tap House Grill just opened across the street from my work, and we went last night to check it out. Of the 160 beers on tap, I chose the Big Sky Summer Honey -- my favorite -- and Great Divide's Wild Raspberry Ale, a close second. Okay, I also had a Lucifer, a Belgian pale ale, but I wasn't jazzed about it. I've had better.

We had excellent service and a super bartender, especially since they've only been open 5 days. We ate several of the happy hour food specials: some *okay* sushi, not bad but not great; wontons, my favorite; goat cheese dip, better after you stir it; and the chicken wings, best deal and great flavor. A few of us went over about 4:15pm to grab a few seats at the bar, and by 6pm the place was packed. I should also mention it's underground and nicely decorated, spacious and stylish, reds and blacks and the impression of steel. Can I please eat there everyday?

I signed up to be measured for another fat loss contest on Monday. I don't plan on taking this one as seriously; I just want some extra motivation. So there's that.

Happy Saturday.

No comments: