Monday, May 19, 2008

How It Went

The University District Street Fair was a great experience. I posted a photo of my booth on the On Focus Photo Blog, if you'd like to see it.

As I wrote over there, I met a lot of people, learned some things, and got to spend some quality time with Jer. All in all, I'd say it went well. And I have some ideas for my booth that will make the next show even better.

For one, next time bring more water. Also, food. Saturday was tough. It was hot with no breeze and by the end of the day I was dehydrated, but I don't think it was outwardly noticeable to anybody else -- except Jer. Not a great recipe for driving home. It ended okay though. I made an awesome tuna sandwich with dill relish and swiss cheese, drank about five pints of water, and went to sleep. Glamorous!

Sunday morning I made a quick detour to a convenience store and bought a few bottles of water and a pack of travel wipes. Travel wipes were also an important lesson. I also opted for a skirt and sandals instead of jeans and closed-toed shoes. As a result, Sunday was much more comfortable.

We also managed to pack nearly everything in my wee car, with the exception of the wire card rack and a wooden print rack.

I started this entry about 2 hours ago and I got sucked into television. I can't figure out how to make "House" record, I've apparently exceeded my limit and MythTv is punishing me. So now I must watch.

As we were packing the car, a guy stopped me and showed some interest in the large matted prints. I showed him the bookmarks and he bought 3. That was neat. And then one of Jer's coworkers showed up with a whole crowd and they bought 9 bookmarks. That was neat too.

We got home about 8:30pm, unloaded the car, I settled out all the transactions, posted the photoblog entry and fell asleep. And that's my small business tale. I didn't even get the pleasure of framing my first dollar. It was a credit card transaction.

Maybe I will frame the merchant copy.

No comments: