Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Other Side of Normal

I'm just starting to feel normal again after last weekend. The fair was awesome, but I was so focused on getting ready that I didn't allow myself to relax much in the weeks leading up to it.

Even my dreams were about linen hinge tape.

So here we are, assisted by a tab of Claritin, the next festival a month away. I need to re-focus on my health -- cut out some of the caffeine and work out more than twice a week. Maybe eat a vegetable? And I need to find an accountant. I wonder if anyone else has that as their to-do list?

I submitted 30 more pictures to Alamylast night, after a several month hiatus. I've decided to categorize more of my pictures as royalty-free and see if that makes a difference. There's so much competition out there it seems like the only viable strategy is to have a lot of solid images and practically give them away. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I also need to go out and shoot some more; it's been a whole month since the tulip festival. I'd like to go out to Snoqualmie Falls or experiment with a food shoot. I have a small setup with diffusion panels and a couple of lights that would work well on the kitchen table.

As an aside, I thought it was interesting how many people asked at the fair if photography was my full-time job. For the record, I would live on the street and probably starve if that were the case. I do it because I love it and maybe because I'm obsessive. Two-thirds love, one-third mental illness... Now you know my terrible secret.

No comments: