Wednesday, August 26, 2009

entertaining myself, sort of

Somehow I am just not in the mood. I left work early yesterday -- after an 11 hour work day the day before -- because I was exhausted. Plain bone weary. All the stress, all the responsibility, all the stuff pulling me in twelve different directions came to a head and my body said, enough, I'm done. Take me home.

So I did.

And slept from 6pm to 6am.

Today was a little better. But now I'm having a hard time getting started. I forced myself to put on pajamas and take out the garbage when all I really want to do is turn on the TV and veg out. Of course Jer is holding TV hostage until I unpack more -- for good reason, obviously. So I keep picking up "The Atrocity Archives," reading a bit, putting it back down, wandering around, drinking some water, until I find myself telling you all I am aimless.

On the bright side our new microwave arrived and it is a behemoth. I am excited to have a microwave that might fit a 13x9 pan; Jer is wondering if I plan to cook a turkey in it.

I just spent the last hour trying to pry apart some Tupperware in which I accidentally created a vacuum during an early microwave experiment. In related news he really shouldn't have taken away my TV. Mwahahahaha.

No comments: