Thursday, August 13, 2009

Garbage day!

I took a load of fragile items over to the house last night. About 12 big picture frames, some acrylic for the frames (mostly for On Focus Photo), and some towels. While I was there -- it was hard to leave! -- I watered the indoor plants and took the hose around to the plants on the deck and the ones in the entryway at the front of the house. We've acquired many new plants from the seller. And I really don't want them to die.

Funny thing. The seller left us a bottle of champagne and two flutes, also a very nice card signed by his family. The flutes are the only sort of cups in the place at present, so I used one to carefully water the indoor plants. I think I kept the dirt and leaves off, but I should probably warn Jer.

I also set the yard waste and trash bins at the curb. Yay, homeownership! Such a small thing but it's been years since I've had to do that. It's such a nice and normal thing.

Once the bed is moved over on Saturday, I plan to start sleeping there. Then I will only go back to the apartment to clean and wrap everything up.

On May 20, We received mutual acceptance on our home offer and here we are, almost 3 months later, finally moving in. It has been, and will continue to be, a stressful experience, but I am confident the end result will be worth it. We'll see soon enough now.

No comments: