Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A new commute

I rode a new bus into work this morning. Getting to it is a little treacherous since there are no sidewalks and it's on a busy road, but the ride was pleasant. We took side streets through Ravenna and the University District. I saw a lot of beautiful homes, parks, and cute little restaurants I didn't know existed. It was a great introduction to my new neighborhood. We eventually made our way to the express lanes and then to the bus tunnel, where I was deposited at the Pioneer Square Station, a few blocks from work. It was perfect.

The brakes on my car are making terrible noises or I would have driven today. Jer is planning to take it in.

Last night I went back to the apartment and moved another load of odds and ends. The kitchen, linen closet, and office closet still have items which don't appear to diminish in quantity no matter how much I haul away. We're getting there though. The question now is do I take the water taxi over tonight and do some light cleaning, then take it back downtown and then take the bus home? I wish my car had waited longer to malfunction. But, hey, it's 11 years old I should cut it some slack.

I watched Chiana finally eat her first wet food since the move. She's been twitchy, but seems to be coming around.

The good news is all the exhaustion caught up with me and at 11pm last night, I slept. Finally.

No comments: