Sunday, March 20, 2005

Adventures with Ebay

I don't know how these ebay power sellers do it. I guess it simplifies when you've got a system. With procrastination built-in, the whole thing took me about 8 hours to post one item. This isn't a "boo-hoo," "pity me" admission. It's written in the spirit of amazement and wonder. 8 hours? How does it take you 8 hours, it's not that hard? Well, it started with using the point-and-click digital camera and a tripod to get representative pictures of my items. Pictures that were free of lens flare, catch light, or the helpful kitten's tail. Then I loaded the pictures into Photoshop, chose the best ones, resized them, stroked them, and uploaded them to photobucket (which I had to discover first.) Then I packaged up the items and took the boxes to the post office to weigh them. Then I designed a web page for each item. (I've only posted the camera, but the flash will be up soon.) Then I navigated the choppy and many-queried waters of the ebay ocean, checking and unchecking, and racking up vague fees.

I haven't sold anything on ebay in a couple of years. I always preferred half.com where I could set my low price and let it to sit to infinity sans stress. I'm sure it'll go smoother next time, now that my preferences have been cached for all-time. And mixed up in the procrastination, I wrote another 3 pages of my play, bringing the final submitted count up to 11. Smack dab close to my weekly target.

I truly deserve to spend my Sunday playing World of Warcraft. It's time to get some face time with my Dwarf Paladin. She's been feeling the ass end of neglect lately.

No comments: