Friday, March 18, 2005

Worth a Thousand

I bought a digital camera. Okay, it's more than that. It's a digital SLR camera. A Nikon D70. A 6.1 megapixel camera. No more scanning new slides and negatives. No more removing dust and scratches in Photoshop -- now I just have to correct my own shitty camera work. Give me f-stops or give me death! On second thought, no death, just cake.

I'll be posting my Nikon F100 body on ebay this weekend along with an SB-28 Speedlight. I swore by my F100 when I was in photography school. Awesome camera, takes great pictures, and it's in fabulous shape. I hate to sell it, but man, I've got to subsidize the D70 somehow. It's sad because it's the last camera -- besides my Pentax K1000 -- to survive the mass ebay auctions of 2002.

I'll need to buy a new flash for the D70 too, since TTL won't work, and like, I totally need my TTL. The SB-600 would be a good replacement.

I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am. I've desperately wanted a digital SLR for about 3 years, and then yesterday I was sitting there and I said to myself, "Why the hell not? It's totally doable." After agreeing to sell my F100, BF said my plan was doable as well.

In about two weeks, I'll have the camera in my hot little hands. Will this mean a surge in blog photography here at the House of Mirth? I certainly won't make any promises I can't keep, but I feel compelled to give you a solid "maybe."

P.S. Yee Haw!

No comments: