Sunday, March 27, 2005

Ode to an F100

You were a kick ass camera, F100. You made my days brighter and my nights more focused. I hope that you make your new owner as happy as you made me.

I've no right to ask this of you, F100. But please, think of me, think of me fondly. It's not you, it's me. I'm a Compact Flash whore. But then, we'll always have the park where we made beautiful pictures together.

Goodbye, sweet prince, may flights of angels sing you to Connecticut, where you will see the changing leaves of fall. Adieu. Let us splice the avenues of our heart and frame this moment in reel remembrances. If it were in my power, I would summon you a montage from the depths of my light box and we would watch a series of blending, shifting scenes encapsulating better times, happier moments, skipping hand in strap through the tall, green grass of summer.

Know this, F100. No matter what the ravages of time may bring, you were loved. And there was music.

No comments: