Tuesday, March 08, 2005

WoW

I guess I can tell you. You deserve an explanation.

I am addicted to World of Warcraft.

Phew. No more secrets.

I play a lot. I fish and cook and do first aid. I tailor and I mine. I sell green linen shirts at the auction house. I'm hip to all the acronyms, and I can make my Tauren warrior cry.

He has a good heart, even if he is Horde.

The chat commands still trip me up. And people who invite me to join their guild without introducing themselves, these people confuse me. I don't make that kind of commitment without an introduction! I could talk about the game for hours I think, which is why I should never start. Right now I'm mining and tailoring, but my long term goal is engineering. I've got stacks and stacks of copper in my deposit box. I'd also like to make my own woolen bags. That'd be something all right. In the mean time I sell what I make at auction, and I do okay. And I kill things with my hands. Sometimes I use a blunderbuss or a mace, but BF tells me I should get my unarmed skill up so I can duel fisticuff style.

It's a whole secret fantastic world. Another Tauren (representing a real, live person) stood next to me while we were fishing and struck up a conversation. "How's the fishin'?" it asked. I answered something generic, it answered back, and that was that. Just one moment, a tiny slice of interaction with another human being, a total stranger. Then we went our separate ways to cook fish and kill things.

.....

Our little kitten was fixed last Friday. We spent the weekend positioning her on blankets, eye-dropping Amoxycillin down her throat, and keeping Vash from playing rough with her. She's healing fine. The fur the vet shaved off is already growing back and her appetite is strong. We also had her implanted with one of those identification chips. It gets injected in the back of the cat's neck and is used by the pound and animal shelters to return strays to their owners. Now we just have to get one for Vash. Neither cat wears a collar and it's just a matter of time before one of them makes a mad dash for freedom.

We can't have that, can we?

No comments: