Tuesday, March 22, 2005

To Scheme or Not to Scheme...

I've been scheming about all the ways I'll use my new camera and all the accessories that I absolutely must obtain. The anticipation is intoxicating. (Or is that the Mimosa?) I found the coolest product on ebay that may or may not work, but I threw caution to the wind and buyed-it-now. It's a 2.5inch hard drive enclosure that includes a CompactFlash reader, LCD screen, and USB 2.0 connection. In theory I can use it to connect directly to my camera and off-load pictures. Then I found a 2.5inch Hitachi 20gb hard drive for pretty cheap, so I'll plug that in and see what happens. In the best of all possible worlds I've got a fairly cheap, light, and reliable method of backing up my pictures while I'm out and about. 20gb of storage (upgradable too!) for the same price as a 1gb CompactFlash card. Pretty snazzy. In the worst of all possible worlds, I can sell the hard drive.

Sadly, I have to wait until I get paid again to buy more toys. Otherwise, BF and I will starve. Or, at least, until my F100 sells. Then maybe I can buy a Speedlight (now I'm thinking the SB-800), or the Lexar 1gb 80x CompactFlash w/Write Acceleration, or a couple of filters, or a diffuser for the flash, or a new battery. It's all so exciting. I already have a heavy-duty tripod, a lovely Tamrac bag (backpack style), and a photo vest (or a fishing vest, depending on my mood), so I'm not exactly starting from scratch, despite the opinion of my wallet. Of course the only things I really have to take pictures of is Mother Nature and my cats. But let's not dwell on content quite yet. It'll kill the buzz.

No comments: