Friday, November 25, 2005

The Aftermath of Gluttony

The fried chicken turned out wonderfully, and I tossed the rest of the brie and roasted garlic in with the mashed potatoes, giving them a really nice flavor. I continue to be full many hours later. But it is an exquisite pain.

Cooking is exponentially easier when there's a dishwasher on hand. I am thankful for dishwashers. I am also thankful for being laid off, LASIK surgery, iPods, my friends and family, the view from my living room, books, no credit card debt, and my line of work. This year has been full of high highs and low lows, but I never expected it to turn out as it did. I guess I'm thankful for chaos.

The rain is back. I'm not in a shopping mood so I think I'll avoid Black Friday. I should go for a walk after all that food yesterday. I can test how my rain gear and iPod work together. Yes, that's the main reason I should walk, definitely not to work off the summer sausage and chocolate silk pie.

Or maybe I shouldn't leave the house at all. I reek of post-holiday garlic excess.

No comments: