Thursday, November 10, 2005

Hallelujah!

I got a job! And it's a very nice job! It's full-time and in downtown Seattle. It's exactly what I wanted and pictured in my head. I am about to enter the rat race again and boy is it ever exciting!

I applied a month ago and hadn't heard anything so I wasn't thinking about it when the recruiter called Monday. An hour later I had an interview with HR, and then yesterday I went in to interview with three more people. In the middle of it all, there was a fire drill and I removed my shoes so I wouldn't fall down the five flights of stairs. Maybe that showed them I was a go-get-em type, or maybe it proved I didn't have any foot fungus and wasn't afraid to get my knee-highs dirty.

Tra-la-la! I start Monday, which means, I need to go shopping.

It all happened fast, and I didn't want to talk about it here because I didn't want to jinx it. But here we are. I'm employed! Time to cancel COBRA and invest in an extended bus pass because baby, I'm employed! I can buy useless crap again with a clear conscience!

No comments: