Thursday, November 24, 2005

A Time for Gluttony

Turkey, I can take or leave. Fried chicken's where it's at.

It's just me and Jer this Thanksgiving, so I'm making what I want. We've got fried chicken, homemade hummus, roasted garlic and brie, devilled eggs if I'm feeling frisky, and two frozen pies. Also garlic mashed potatoes, 2 bottles of wine, three-bean salad, and the rest of the "Celebration Cake" I made for the work potluck. It's a very tasty cake full of mandarin orange segments, pineapple, yellow cake, and Cool Whip. Unexpectedly delicious.

So I'm sitting here making myself super hungry and it's not even 7am yet. Maybe I'll have cake for breakfast. I mean, it's got fruit in it and fruit's healthy. And you can barely tell the Cool Whip is fat free because the grocery store was all out of the good stuff, but it's mixed with sugar free vanilla pudding anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Maybe I'll eat cake, and then take a nap. It's too early to be up and about on my holiday.

Just had a thought. Each holiday should represent one of the seven deadly sins. This one can be gluttony and Christmas can be greed. Valentine's Day is lust, Independence Day is pride, Envy is Halloween on account of the trick or treating, Labor Day is sloth, and I guess Easter has to be wrath. Not sure about the last one, but I'm sure you could set up a pretty nice debate on the subject.

Carry on.

No comments: