Sunday, December 04, 2005

If Books are the Food of the Soul, then my Brain is Fat

Can't ... move ... too ... full ...

Lily came to visit for her birthday and we ate, and we ate, and then for a change, we ate some more. We also saw Harry Potter 4: The Revenge, and watched a lot of television. Whenever there was a lull, we ate. You get the picture.

I finished the first round of gift shopping today via the internets, and threw in a few DVDs for me while I was at it. I bought the first two seasons of Farscape -- already have seasons 3 and 4 -- and the Northern Exposure Parka Pack from Costco. My Amazon wishlist is here, if you'd like to see what other materialistic indulgences float my boat.

It's been a fun but tiring couple of days. On the way back from dropping Lily at the airport, we stopped at a used bookstore and I bought a few more Harlan Ellison books, and some older Poppy Z. Brite. I was just introduced to an author, Thomas Ligotti, who I like very much and I'm currently reading "Dream Park," by Larry Niven. Now you're all caught up. A pop quiz is forthcoming.

No comments: