Friday, December 16, 2005

This has been an ... interesting ... week.

I drafted two different proposals in committee. It involved working with a group and coming to a consensus. One of the groups is still debating my brilliance, while the other has accepted the terms whole-heartedly. Mostly I’m just tired now. I’ve said all I can say on these subjects, and I need to recharge. TGIF.

I’m feeling smug and self-satisfied because I bought a 12-year old boy a new pair of Adidas. It’s part of the giving tree at work. Only instead of real wrapping paper, I accidentally bought cellophane. So in order to conceal the shoe box, I lined the red cellophane with white printer paper and then secured it nicely with tape and ribbons. This is how you make lemonade.

I also won the big gambling prize after our holiday party. A trip to Nevada. But then I gave it back because I cheated. Okay, I didn’t cheat, but I didn’t deserve it either. Somehow I managed to win the most chips and by win I mean, other people gave me their chips because they took pity on me, and apparently that was enough to win. I exchanged the grand prize for a card shuffler. Now I can shuffle all the cards, as long as there are only two decks, and you are patient.

No comments: