Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Social Event of December

The plan for today is to get a haircut and to that end, I've made an appointment at a local hair salon and day spa. Normally the multi-purposeness of this establishment would inspire dread, but now the nervousness is balanced by a desperate desire to shear the excess mane of hair I've accrued. Seriously, it is everywhere. And the pricy blonde highlights need to be stripped out of my mane because they have been strangled by the roots.

Meanwhile, my cats are killing lady bugs. We've got ourselves an infestation.

Wearing makeup properly is a lot of work, but I'm willing to put forth the effort on special occasions. Tonight is the office holiday party. It's at a swanky place. So I guess I'll wear foundation.

On the way to the bus stop I made a side-trip to Rite-Aid and bought nylons, Band-Aids, and Scholl's Inserts for Her (open toe and sandal style.) Are your illusions shattered to bits? I do not have good luck with high heels.

I believe that my black dress will be accented by a necklace I haven't bought yet, but I'll know it when I see it. I'm thinking red beads, two semi-circular and staggered layers. And that's the extent of my planning. Jer is supposed to work today, so hopefully that won't interfere with his attendance. I'd hate to muddle through one of these things on the conversation strength of my anticipatory foot needs (as I've done here).

If I falter in the girlie factor, I'll just pretend I'm dressing up for Halloween. Wish me luck.

No comments: