Friday, March 31, 2006

I've been feeling crummy lately. Not sick, just angry and wild. I figure it's a combination of exercise -- my body doesn't know what the hell is going on -- and that I stopped taking one of those small pretty pills that affect chemicals on the inside. (The prescription ran out and since my medical insurance never considered it a necessary expense, I guess I don't either.) Pretty soon it'll sort itself out but in the interim, I feel caged and all tied up.

So I bought a pair of Fluevog shoes at lunch. And I donated some money to a theatre. And I bought a homeless guy a baguette. And I wore a binder clip in my hair to hold it back. A big fat binder clip with shiny metal pieces stuck out like wings.

This paragraph is a WoW related rant. You've been warned... And then in WoW, some nice and helpful but misguided person sent me a note that I was pricing items too low (one item in particular that I priced low one time because there were three others up and I didn't have space in my inventory to hold onto it.) I can't even tell you how much money I've made off the Auction House in WoW. I have a system that involves writing everything down for reference and tracking how much things sell for. I do research here. I know exactly what I'm doing, and I always try to be fair. And then this dumbass sends me a note telling me I'm "killing the market." Yeah, bilking new players out of 3 gold for a recipe they can buy at a vendor for 20 silver (like this player told me I should do -- and seriously, no one will ever pay that much money for that lame recipe) is better. It's players like this who make it impossible to afford anything in the Auction House, and besides, I'm still making a modest profit -- usually 3-5 times what the vendor price goes for, the cost of convenience, I say. I just can't believe the nerve of some people. This person actually said: what about the cost of your time? Gimme a break. It costs 6 silver to fly out there, I hearth back, and I check the Blackwater AH at the same time. It doesn't cost me anything to make a side trip and buy that stupid recipe.

I guess I'm taking WoW too seriously. I need to start writing again, and by that I mean my own stuff, not work stuff. Although I can't stop writing work stuff exactly because heck, I get paid to do that. The personal writing just keeps me sane.

My arms have muscles in them that are visible, unlike before when they were invisible. It's been one month since I started exercising and everyday my body changes a little bit more. That's one thing to feel good about. I'm pushing myself to do things I never thought I could do.

Now if I could only figure out how to stop with all the rage.

No comments: