Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I've been using my digital food scale a lot lately. It's a Salter Digital Food Scale, and I highly recommend it. For example, at breakfast I used it to measure 30g of Flax plus Granola Cereal and 4 ounces of fat-free vanilla yogurt. (The cereal is way tastier than it sounds.) And on Monday I used it to weigh the asparagus for my homemade asparagus soup.

The only way my life could be any more exciting is if I actually broke down and became a professional indexer. Not that there's anything wrong with professional indexing -- the money is definitely ripe for the plucking -- and I don't mean to insult you if that is your chosen trade, but you have to admit, it is a bit dull. If not as dull as me writing about weighing flax seed and granola, then it is right up there.

I have to pat myself on the back because I did not drink alcohol today, and so I only consumed 1500 calories. Go me. I still have not adhered to the official meal plan because it wants me to eat 4 egg whites for breakfast and then have 5 nuts or something, but I'm trying. Whole grains, fruits and vegetables, and poultry are my new friends. Though I prefer the clandestine comfort of my long-time pals: whisky, vodka, and fried mac-n-cheese wedges...

In short, when I wish on the first star of the evening with my eyes shut tight, I wish with all my heart that I could get buzzed on fewer calories.

There really is nothing else going on right now. Except that my scalp itches. Alert the media.

No comments: