Thursday, April 26, 2007

Jer and I met in Belltown for dinner last night at Mama's Mexican Kitchen. I scoped out the menu ahead of time and decided I could safely order the steak soft taco plate with black beans (no cheese!) and still be within my daily calorie goal. To me that's almost exactly like having my cake and eating it too.

In my personal calorie death match, Mexican food always shivs cake in the colon. Right in the colon!

Then we went to Costco and I bought a gazillion pieces of fruit, including blackberries, Asian pears, and red seedless grapes. Apparently I eat fruit now. Who knew?

Then I made Jer take me to the regular non-bulk grocery store because I was out of non-fat yogurt, and you can't have blackberries without non-fat yogurt and flax seed cereal. It'd be criminal. I restricted myself to a hand basket but I still managed to also buy 100 calorie pudding cups, wheat buns for my veggie patties, English muffins, and frozen peas/carrots which I have recently become obsessed about. When I was eating my (heavily seasoned) brown rice the other day I thought, "I would kill for some peas and carrots in this. Make it so!" And then I made it. So. With only a modicum of killing.

In my quest to find other activities besides eating and drinking, not a lot of updates. I should probably ride a ferry somewhere since I've never done that. I found a contest for one-act plays that's due in a couple weeks... I could finally finish "Must" or one of the other re-writes. Maybe it's best if I make a list of places I haven't been yet, like Gasworks Park or the Arboretum and go visit. The Art Museum is almost open again, and I've yet to go through the Sculpture Park. My class starts next week (Project Management), so Thursday nights are booked for the foreseeable future. Oh, I could cook something difficult. Or get the action figures together to sell on eBay. Or clean the carpets. Or ride the monorail. Or go for long walks. Or see a play. Or, you know, watch a crap load of bad TV, like I'm already doing.

If you have any other suggestions for alternate activities to eating/drinking, let the comments know. Healthy living stumps me.

1 comment:

Lily said...

Someone I know eats frozen something as a snack -- peapods? soybeans? I stopped listening when it didn't start with "Ben & Jerry's". Umm...yeah, I'm out.