Sunday, April 01, 2007

another recap

We only went to five wineries today -- or it might be more appropriate to say tastings because some of the places we went to were in industrial building complexes and it didn't really feel very winery-like. My favorites today were Columbia, which I always enjoy, a Cabernet Sauvignon called Dussek from Woodhouse Family Cellars, and a 2005 Syrah from Matthews Cellars that hasn't been bottled yet.

For food, we ate breakfast at Hector's in Kirkland, which I highly recommend. Nice atmosphere, large place, pretty bar, good food -- one screaming, wandering child, but we'll just blame the parents. I had the Croque Madame, which was tasty. Next time I'll have to try an omelet. The ham was a little too salty for me. For dinner we went to the Mongolian Grill in Woodinville. It offered a wide assortment of vegetables and sauces that they grill in front of you. Tasty, inexpensive, and a lot of food. I recommend it.

We sobered up for the drive home by watching "Blades of Glory" at the Cineplex Odeon in Woodinville. I liked "Talladega Nights" and "Anchorman" slightly better, but maybe that's because they've had more time to ferment in my brain. You should go see it; it's funny. Shazam.

No comments: