Saturday, March 31, 2007

Jer and I went to six wineries today as part of the Passport to Woodinville Weekend. Then we used a Christmas gift certificate to see "300," because wine and violence go hand in bloody hand.

My favorite wineries so far are Red Sky and the Mark Ryan Winery. Jer really liked the Cabernet Sauvignon at Page Cellars called Libra de Carta, so he bought a bottle. Other than that we've successfully resisted temptation very well. Most of the tastings have been some sort of Bordeaux blend, Sauvignon Blanc, or Syrah. I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow.

Today I learned:

  • The word "tassel" is endlessly amusing to drunk girls in stretch limos.
  • The new Flamethrower Burger at Dairy Queen does no such thing.
  • You should never go to war with just 300 dudes. At least, not if you want to -- I don't know -- win.

No comments: