Thursday, March 29, 2007

Yesterday I met with a personal trainer for the first time since last August. August, if you're keeping track, is when I took a break from training because my trainer changed gyms. And then I may have thrown a small tantrum and said to myself: Self? You know how to use the machines and you know that you shouldn't stuff your face, so stop spending all this money and get fit. Do it!

For awhile that worked out okay. Then in December I injured my knee, which didn't bother me a whole lot because hell, this working out stuff sucks anyway. But then my miserly side came out, as it does, and I realized I'd spent $300 on non-refundable training last August and damn, I'd never used it. So here I am. Using it.

I can hardly walk.

My legs hurt. My glutes hurt. I just plain old hurt.

I know it'll get better.

But right now it doesn't feel like it.

And I don't want to go back tomorrow.

The end.

P.S. Our Costco has a new walk-in refrigerated section and I bought lots of fun things that start with the letter 'a' like asparagus and apple slices.

For real the end.

No comments: