Tuesday, March 20, 2007

For dinner we ate at JaK's Grill in West Seattle. I ordered the herb encrusted lamb tenderloin (I think the actual name was fancier; it was a special) and Jer ordered the ribeye. Also, I had a very strong Old Fashioned with Jack Daniels. All of which I recommend. I am no food reviewer, but I will say that my meal was very very good. And we only waited 10 minutes for a table, which I know can be a problem there since they don't accept reservations.

On Sunday I wrote lyrics for the first time, for an actual song, and I'm pretty happy with the process. It took about three hours of pausing and playing the music for a 2 minute 45 second song and tapping out the syllables (duh duh duh-duh duh-duh) and it made my brain hurt a little, but it was a fun exercise. I think the words turned out fairly decent too for a first effort. Yay for new things.

Maybe I'm regrowing some of the brain cells I killed on St. Patrick's Day.

I went to the gym today and yesterday, so there's that. And my cats' food wasn't part of the recall, in case you were wondering. We feed them Purina Pro Plan because they are spoiled.

This entry isn't particularly snarky or witty and for that I apologize. It's all I can do to digest that tasty meat and stay upright. Totally taxing.

3 comments:

George said...

Don't take the meal lying down, though--that's even harder.

Lily said...

People go out to eat on a Monday? How big city.

Folly Blaine said...

George: You should know I first misspelled your name Gorge, which completely fits the subject matter.

Lily: technically it was a Tuesday. Where does that fall in the big city factor?