Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I was all set to post my normal pity-party-of-1 entry and then I remembered that there are bigger things than me telling you fine folks what I ate for lunch. (Subway, Roast Beef, Jared style) My friend Courtney is doing a very generous and selfless thing and I wanted to share with you her words, and also her request. I asked her if I could reprint an email she sent to her friends and family, and she said, yes. I am proud to support her in any way I can. Here it is:
Hi,

This year I am participating in a very special event called the Breast Cancer 3-Day.

This is my first year walking for Breast Cancer and I am excited to be part of such an amazing group of women - The Warming Hut Hotties! Walking 60 miles in 3 days is a challenge. Even more challenging yet is that I've personally agreed to raise at least $2,200. The Hotties have planned many fund-raisers and events for this summer on top of all the training. In addition we're reaching out to our friends and family for donations.

Would you please consider making a donation? Any amount helps me reach my goal. I'd really appreciate if you could look at my donation page and decide which amount is right for you.

I'm going to train as hard as I can to help fight this disease, promote breast cancer research, educate people about screening and prevention, and help bring breast cancer care to those who need it.

Net proceeds benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and the National Philanthropic Trust. All donations are tax deductible (to the extent allowed by the law).

Thank you for supporting me as I take this amazing journey in the fight against breast cancer!

WHY I WALK...

  • I walk to raise awareness about breast cancer and early detection.
  • I walk so that one day no more mothers, fathers, sisters,brothers, daughters, sons or friends will hear the words "You have breast cancer."
  • I walk in the hopes that my nieces will know a world free from breast cancer.
  • I walk for a personal challenge.
  • I walk for the survivors of all cancers – like my father, and my grandfather-in-law.
  • I walk for those who have lost their battle with cancer – like my Aunt Connie.
  • I walk for those who are currently fighting cancer.
  • I walk so that one day we will live in a world free of breast cancer.
  • I walk to celebrate my own health.
  • I walk for those who can't, because I can.
Thank you in advance!

Walking for a cure,

Courtney

Thanks!

1 comment:

Lily said...

I am proud to support her in any way I can, as long as it's not financially. Just kidding! I did my part. Better than having to walk.