Sunday, March 18, 2007

omelets and guacamole

I just made a very tasty 3 egg omelet, if you're interested in that sort of thing. I used these instructions (to get around the error the link takes you to, click "bypass this message") to figure out the egg situation, and then I filled it with guacamole I made last night, bacon, and shredded cheddar cheese.

I started with unsalted butter in the pan (9" Le Creuset skillet), added a tbsp of olive oil and then cracked the eggs into the pan. Then I added a little less than an 1/8 cup of heavy whipping cream (only milk type product on hand), and followed the rest of the instructions. Right before it was done, I crumbled 2 1/2 slices of bacon on one side, spread some guacamole, and sprinkled some cheese I shredded in my food processor, and folded it over.

The guacamole was for the kick ass St Patrick's Day party I went to last night, so it was still pretty fresh. I used a potato masher to mash 6 avocados and added garlic, onion, diced jalapeno, salt, pepper, a Lawry's guacamole seasoning packet, a tbsp of vegetable oil, juice from 1 lime, and fresh cilantro (Yes, George, I used cilantro this time.)

When the omelet was done, I sprinkled a little more cheddar cheese on top along with some Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning. It turned out really well. I know I'm gushing about it, but hey, this is me learning to cook. And this is probably the first omelet I've ever made that stayed intact when I tried to flip the side over. I'd like to thank my lovely pan, my silicone spatula, and the Internet. Also, I would like to thank the noble sweater monkey. For obvious reasons.

2 comments:

George said...

The Cilantro Avenger is appeased.

Now get rid of that Lawry's seasoning packet and mix spices on your own.

Folly Blaine said...

Bah! You are impossible to please. In unrelated news, I ate my first blood orange the other day. I approve.